Request for Exhibition Proposals
We are now accepting proposals for 2014 and beyond for special opportunities to produce exhibitions at the Coconino Center for the Arts. Successful proposals will meet the criteria, complement the Arts Council’s mission, and be a collaborative endeavor with Flagstaff Arts Council. As a benefit to this partnership, Flagstaff Arts Council will provide the venue, staff assistance, installation, on-site insurance, and marketing. Additional resources or support may be available under special circumstances.
The Venue: Coconino Center for the Arts
The Coconino Center for the Arts is located at 2300 North Fort Valley Road (Highway 180) in Flagstaff, Arizona. CCA is close to several Arizona attractions such as the Grand Canyon, Museum of Northern Arizona and Lowell Observatory.
The main feature at CCA is the 4,000 square foot art gallery. The gallery is approximately 60’ x 65’ with 10+ feet of useable vertical space. 11 Moveable 8’ x 4’ x 1’ wall panels and dozens of pedestals of various sizes are also available. Seventy-five can lights provide adjustable lighting options. Electrical outlets are accessible on all outer walls.
How to Apply
Submit a completed application form and attach the following items to your application:
- Payment of Entry Fee: $40.00, payable to Flagstaff Arts Council.
- Completed Application Form (link to form below)
- Exhibition proposal narrative, up to 1 page Detail the proposed exhibition including a description of the work, as well as the conceptual basis or theme of the exhibition. Consider the types of media represented and how the artworks relate to each other and to the space; if the artists in the exhibition have not already been selected, detail the procedure for selecting artworks; how the space will be utilized; describe any other events in conjunction with the exhibition (e.g. silent auction, gallery talk, lecture, workshop etc). Exhibition narrative must possess header or footer with last name and proposed exhibition title.
- Current biography or resume for applicant and known participating artists, up to 1 page each For the applicant, highlight qualifications and previous experience that will help the panel determine administrative ability and proven success. For the artist(s), highlight exhibition history.
- Complete budget proposal (in the form below). Add all expected costs. List known funding sources including what applicant is willing to contribute. While it is not required, successful proposals usually include an income or revenue source that can help to cover expected costs and/or facility and staff costs.
- Artistic work samples and description. Submit images of work to be exhibited, or representations of work relevant to the exhibition. Include work sample list detailing title, media, size and date completed.
- Digital Images: Must be submitted on a CD or thumb drive in JPG or TIFF format; at least 5”x5”, 72dpi, up to 20 images
- Audio/Video Material: Must be submitted as a CD, DVD or thumb drive. Applicants submitting audio/video material as their primary work sample are limited to one five-minute segment. One or several short works or excerpts of works could be included.
The Arts Council’s Arts Advisory Board will review all proposals and select exhibitions based off of the
- Artistic quality
- Community impact
- Uniqueness of proposal
- Administrative ability/success with previous exhibitions
- Appropriateness of budget
The Arts Council’s Arts Advisory Board will select at least one proposal where all/some of the works will come from a Juried Call for Entries. Proposals for juried shows may include a short list of invited artists who are not subject to the jury’s selection process. This usually includes 2-6 artists.
If your application is chosen, we will contact you to discuss and prepare a written Agreement. Please be advised, the committee may request further information before making a final decision.