Back by popular demand! A mini version of this workshop was last offered in March of 2016 and a full program is now available to you this summer. We invite you to learn from experts Jenean Merkel Perelstein, from Alchemie Academy and Jarrett Ransom with The Rayvan Group, as they explore the world of nonprofits with you.
The workshop content is targeted at leaders (CEO, president or executive director), Board Members and funding professionals (development director, etc) within an organization.
At this event, we’ll address some of the biggest challenges facing your nonprofit:
- Creating sustainable revenue streams. Funding is the foundation for success in a nonprofit. It’s almost impossible to deliver programs with real impact and develop strong leaders without proper funding.
- Attracting and retaining leaders. Your organization depends on your leadership. What is your workplace culture saying to your team and donors? We will discuss leadership best practices, effectively managing teams, and managing change.
- Succession Planning. The only constant is change and whether you have a success plan in place or are caught off guard by a leadership change, the show must go on!
Other topics we’ll touch on are:
- Revenue models and diversification
- Establishing relationships and determining the best fit for your workforce
- Understanding your role and boundaries as a board member
- How to work with an outside consultant to take your nonprofit to the next level
- Effective Leadership skills including time and energy management
ArtBox will host monthly sessions through June 2018. The program will include a series of stand-alone workshops for artists and creative professionals. You can attend a single event, the whole series, or pick and choose any number topics you want to learn.
ArtBox is a business training and professional development program for creatives, arts administrators and artists of any medium, any age, at any stage of a career. ArtBox is designed to provide tools and resources to navigate the business challenges of the contemporary marketplace. The curriculum is calibrated to provide a professional foundation built on acquiring practical skills for the marketplace, increasing confidence and actively participating in a community.