A Pledge from Flagstaff’s Culture Sector
Flagstaff’s culture sector is central to the vitality and economy of our community. The health of our patrons, staff, residents, and visitors is paramount, and our sector’s businesses, attractions, nonprofits, and houses of worship were among the first to close because of the current pandemic.
Our Organizations encompass arts, science, faith, education, and culture, and we have a long history of gathering people to experience new ideas, beauty, empathy, and joy; and to learn about ourselves, our community, and our world. To do so safely in this uncertain time, we must rely on facts and commit to thinking differently.
In the spirit of Flagstaff’s scientific and cultural legacy, each of our organizations will use science to guide us. As we reopen, some programs may be “business as usual,” but more likely, we will resume in modified ways that employ best health practices and that enable us to remain connected to all our residents and visitors, especially those marginalized by the pandemic.
As we begin to gather again, we will:
- Welcome people to our programs only when we have the resources and evidence-based procedures in place to do so.
- Collaborate to employ best practices throughout our organizations.
- Be a national model for scientific and creativity-based responses to the pandemic.
- Disseminate a common uplifting public health message.
With science, health, and creativity, we agree.
- AAZ Custom Photo & Frame / Abandoned AZ Photography
- Alpine Community Theater
- Artists’ Coalition of Flagstaff
- Ballet Folklórico de Colores
- Canyon Movement Company, Inc
- Capoeira Amizade Flagstaff
- Christ’s Church of Flagstaff
- Coconino Center for the Arts / Flagstaff Arts Council
- Flagstaff Community Band
- Flagstaff Festival of Science
- Flagstaff Friends of Traditional Music
- Flagstaff Shakespeare Festival
- Flagstaff Symphony Orchestra
- Four Corners Fiber Collective / Flagstaff Flag Wool & Fiber Festival
- Grand Canyon Music Festival
- Hozhoni Foundation, Inc
- Hullabaloo Festivals
- Little Music Makers of Flagstaff
- Living Traditions Presentations
- Lowell Observatory
- Master Chorale of Flagstaff
- Museum of Northern Arizona
- Northern Arizona Book Festival
- Northern Arizona Pride Association / Flagstaff Pride
- Orchestra Northern Arizona
- Orpheum Theater
- Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church
- The Arboretum at Flagstaff
- The ARTSPACE Collaborative Studio & Gallery
- The Episcopal Church of the Epiphany
- The HeArt Box
- Theatrikos Theatre Company
- Tynkertopia, Inc
- Willow Bend Environmental Education Center
If you represent an art, science, culture, educational, or faith organization that welcomes the public and would like to sign the pledge, visit: https://app.hellosign.com/s/4lGBNPYt