13th Annual Viola Awards Request for Proposals from Artists: Creation of the Viola Awards
Flagstaff Arts Council is seeking proposals from qualified Flagstaff-area artists to create the awards for the 13th Annual Viola Awards.
The Viola Awards are Flagstaff’s Oscars for the arts community. Celebrating excellence in the arts, the Viola Awards recognize artists, educators, organizations, and leaders who make positive contributions to the arts in Flagstaff. Over 500 people attend the gala event to celebrate and support these distinguished artists and professionals.
The selected artist will create works of art that will be given to each Viola Award winner on June 18, 2021. We’ll need a minimum of 12 awards; the awards can be either identical or slightly different, but the overall design should be consistent. One award is kept by Flagstaff Arts Council to maintain an archive of each year’s award, and the remaining awards are given to winners. Works should be relatively small; in the past, awards have been 6-8” high with a 3-4” base (this size is flexible).
Timeline and Compensation:
Compensation for the awards: We will purchase a minimum of 12 awards, with a maximum price of $250 per award.
Payable: 50% deposit upon signing of a contract, 50% upon satisfactory completion of work
(Costs to prepare the pieces and engraving with award and artist names will be borne by the artist. There will be no other compensation for materials or time.)
November 22, 2020: Proposals due to Flagstaff Arts Council
December 14, 2020: Notification of Selected Artist
February 26, 2021: Awards created / Arts Council provides names of winners
March 15, 2021: Awards engraved with names of winners; complete and delivered to Arts Council
For more information about the Viola Awards, previous winners and nominees, and photos of previous awards, please visit http://flagartscouncil.org/viola-awards/overview/.
For questions about this RFP, please contact Sarah Downing at email@example.com or at 928-779-2300 ext. 111.
Flagstaff Arts Council Request for Proposal for the Creation of the Viola Awards Application Instructions
To submit an application, please follow the instructions below.
- Provide a narrative about your proposed design. Include:
- The proposed artist’s name, address, phone number, and email.
- A description of the concept behind your design. Be specific about the details of the materials and process to be used for the prospective Viola Awards.
- Please provide Artist Background Information. Include:
- Your resume and/or CV
- Juried exhibitions in which your work have been accepted
- Other shows, consigned work, galleries, or means to sell your work
- Please include three images that show the scope and breadth of your work
- Directions for submitting your design
- You may submit up to 3 different finished designs
- You may submit your application on Submittable link here: https://flagstaffartscouncil.submittable.com/submit/176498/2021-viola-awards-creation-of-the-viola-awards
Evaluation criteria. Your submission will be evaluated on the following criteria, with the highest numbers indicating the highest number of points possible
- Credentials / Experience / Awards / Juried Shows (4 points)
- Proposed art meets the Committee expectations of quality and design (10 points)
Proposals are due by 11:59 P.M. on Sunday, November 22. There is no fee to apply. Proposals MUST be submitted on Submittable at think link: https://flagstaffartscouncil.submittable.com/submit/176498/2021-viola-awards-creation-of-the-viola-awards