The Arts Council has a fun, creative, and collaborative work environment. Our offices are located at the Coconino Center for the Arts, nestled in the pines in Flagstaff, Arizona.
The Marketing Director works on dynamic campaigns to promote art exhibitions, concerts, First Friday ArtWalk, workshops, grant funding opportunities, and special events like the Navajo Rug Auction and the Viola Awards. The position also includes oversight and promotion of Flagstaff365.com, and the development of donor appeal campaigns and other special initiatives such as the upcoming study on the economic impact of the arts and sciences.
Flagstaff Arts Council is committed to fair and equal treatment of volunteers, board members and staff in all aspects of engagement. Review of each applicant shall be conducted without respect to political affiliation, race, color, creed, national origin or ancestry, religious beliefs, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability. Further, every individual and group will be permitted equal access to all Arts Council programs, venues and operations.
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Coconino Center for the Arts, Flagstaff, Arizona
Primary Function / Purpose: The Marketing Director develops and implements a robust marketing and outreach initiatives to effectively promote and support the Arts Council and its programs.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Creates and implements a robust marketing and P.R. plan, including direct mail, publication design, web and email promotions, social media, advertising, press releases, and more
- Supervises interns and volunteers that support the implementation of marketing and graphic design duties
- Raises funds to support programs ($10-20k per year) in collaboration with the management team
- Plans and implements a high quality membership program to attract and retain donors
- Works collaboratively with the Membership Committee
- Provides event support for concerts, receptions, performances and events
- Customer service and education to the visiting public and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Pay Rate & Schedule:
Full-time, 40-45 hrs/week, must have flexible schedule, some nights and weekends are required
Salary range: $38,000-$40,000 starting annual base salary
Benefits: Health insurance stipend, generous paid vacation, sick leave
- 2-5 years experience in development and execution of marketing, promotions, and graphic design
- Excellent track record of developing, implementing and executing marketing and sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong work ethic, highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a busy, fast-paced work environment
- Passionate belief in, and preferably knowledge of, the arts, culture, sciences and creative industries
- 2+ years experience working in the non-profit sector
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Proficiency with WordPress
Office setting, gallery, theater space and some events in other venues around Flagstaff. Professional attire required. The ideal candidate will have reliable transportation and must have a flexible schedule (occasional nights and weekends for special events and gallery coverage).
Deadline to apply – June 8, 2016
Applicants notified of status – June 15, 2016
First interviews* – June 13-23, 2016
Second interviews* – July 5-8, 2016
*Interviews will be conducted by a selection committee
*Out of town applicants: first interviews may be via Skype, second interviews must be in person
Earliest possible start date: July 27, 2016
Latest possible start date: August 30, 2016
The application period for this position has closed.