There will NOT be an extension; the deadline is firm for December 8.
Nominations can be submitted for the following awards:
- Excellence in the Visual Arts (projects produced and shown to the public in 2015 in any visual art format)
- Excellence in the Performing Arts (projects shown to the public in 2015 in music, theatre, and/or dance, such as new CD’s, live theatrical productions, live music concerts, dance performances, etc.)
- Excellence in Storytelling (projects published in 2015 in creative writing, literature, journalism, and/or film)
- Excellence in Arts Education, with an emphasis on impact in 2015
- Excellence in Science Education, with an emphasis on impact in 2015
- Excellence in Leadership in the arts and/or sciences, with an emphasis on impact in 2015
- Business for the Arts, recognizing businesses that work with the arts and sciences as philanthropists, participants and/or supporters
- Emerging Artist, recognizing a new artist in any field, either as a student artist or with less than three years of professional presenting experience
- The Viola Legacy Award for Lifetime Contribution to the Arts and Sciences
To submit a nomination, click here.
The 8th Annual Viola Awards Gala is set for Saturday, March 5, 2016, at High Country Conference Center in Flagstaff. Over 600 artists, arts supporters and arts professionals will attend the celebration event, which will feature live performances, three course meal, emcee Dre Adauto, and the awards ceremony. For more information, click here.
A full archive of the Viola Awards is now online. You can view nominees, winners and photos from every year of the Viola Awards here.