The Flagstaff Arts Council is currently seeking an Arts Survey Intern for the calendar year 2016. The ideal candidate will have a flexible schedule on weekends and evenings, and will possess an out-going personality, love of the arts, and ability to approach and engage individual audience members at art and culture events.
The Arts Council is participating in Arts & Economic Prosperity V, an economic impact study of the non-profit arts and sciences in Flagstaff, Arizona. The study is conducted with support from Americans for the Arts, the nation’s leading non-profit for advancement of the arts. A component of the study includes surveying audience members at arts, culture and science events to ascertain the economic impact of those audiences in the community.
The position is part-time, averaging about 8-10 hours per week over the course of the year. The event requires attendance at arts and culture events in the Flagstaff area, mostly on evenings and weekends. The schedule will vary week-to-week, where some weeks will require as little as 3-4 hours of work during slow times and some weeks as many as 15 hours during the busy season in the summer and fall.
Work begins in January. The position will end in mid-December 2016.
- Contact event organizers to gain permission to survey audiences
- Attend events, survey patrons
- Enter data from survey into spreadsheet
- Maintain survey files and mail completed surveys
- Meet with and report to the Executive Director once every two weeks to plan for upcoming events
- May handle other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Out-going personality; can easily approach strangers with a smile and friendly demeanor
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible schedule, available on nights and weekends
- Ability to work independently
- Strong computer proficiency and good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
The Arts Survey Intern has the option of receiving credit through Northern Arizona University for this position if currently enrolled and if approval is received from the appropriate department. The pay rate for the position is $12/hour.
Complete the employment application. Enter the application by clicking the button below.