The 10th annual Fine Craft Sale will be held in conjunction with It’s Elemental on the first weekend in December. The Fine Craft Sale is a 2-day artist marketplace with 18-20 artists selling their work in the gallery at the Coconino Center for the Arts. Artists may apply to have a booth at the Fine Craft Sale without having art in the It’s Elemental exhibition.
The Fine Craft Sale has been a large success for participating artists since it began 10 years ago. Significant promotional efforts are undertaken each year and audiences are robust, coming to the show looking to make purchases.
Artists may apply even if they have not applied for It’s Elemental. Each application may include up to five examples of the variety of work intended to be sold. Jurors will consider creativity, design, and craftsmanship when reviewing the work. Acceptance is based solely on the images presented, so the quality of the images is extremely important.
Flagstaff Arts Council will retain a 30% commission for all sales up to a $250 maximum. Vendors are responsible for handling all transactions, access to the Arts Council credit card machine is not provided. Power outlets are available for those who require it.
Online Deadline for submissions: October 15, 2015
Notification of Acceptance (by email): November 1, 2015
Fine Craft Sale: December 5-6, 2015
- $15 application fee covers submission for the Fine Craft Sale. This fee is not refundable.
- Participating artists sell their work directly to the public, and pay a commission to the Coconino Center for the Arts of 30% of gross sales or $250, whichever is lower.
- Donation of handmade ornaments are requested and greatly appreciated to our 8th annual It’s Ornamental fundraiser. Ornaments are hung on the Christmas Tree in the lobby and sold to guests at prices between $5-20 with proceeds supporting the Coconino Center for the Arts.
- Include up to 5 images of the variety of works intended to be sold. Digital images must be high quality, high resolution approximately 5” x 7”, saved at 300 dpi and in JPEG format.
- Applicant Artists must be Arizona residents of Coconino, Navajo, or Yavapai counties.