2015 may only be half way over, but we are already looking ahead to the end of the year and the announcement of the official nominees for the Viola Awards. Did you know that you can nominate someone for a Viola Award now, and that you don’t have to wait until the end of the year?
If you have seen a great performance recently, viewed a phenomenal exhibition, been stunned by an artist’s work, want to recognize a quality writer, film maker, educator, performer or leader, make a nomination today while the program is fresh in your memory. The Viola Awards recognize excellence in the arts and sciences in Flagstaff, Arizona.
You can submit a nomination for the 2016 Viola Awards at any time during the year. Nominations recognize:
- Visual artists for artistically excellent works of art completed in 2015
- Musicians for excellent performances or published recordings in 2015 (Performing Arts category)
- Performers and/or directors of excellent theatrical performances in 2015
- Film makers for excellent film productions in 2015 (Storytelling category)
- Writers for excellent stories, plays, books or collections of writings in 2015
- Arts and science educators
- Leaders in the arts and sciences
- Businesses for their support and philanthropy in the arts and/or sciences
- Emerging artists
- Individuals in the arts and sciences for a lifetime of contribution to the field (Legacy Award)