Please note: the deadline for this opportunity has passed. We will open up the application for exhibitions again in the fall of 2015. Future applications will be similar to this opportunity, so the information remains below for your information.
The Flagstaff Arts Council is seeking concepts for art exhibitions in the Main Gallery of the Coconino Center for the Arts. Anyone with an exhibition idea can apply: artists, curators, individuals, groups or organizations. The Coconino Center for the Arts, in Flagstaff, Arizona, boasts one of the largest professional gallery spaces in northern Arizona. The Main Gallery is 4,000 square feet space and therefore is most appropriate for group shows, or for artists with significant bodies of work or large-scale work.
Artists seeking solo art exhibitions who do not have significant bodies of work or large-scale work should consider applying for the Jewel Gallery.
Please read the instructions below carefully to learn the best approach to a successful application.
Who Should Apply
The Main Gallery at the Coconino Center for the Arts is a large, 4,000 square foot rectangular exhibition space with high ceilings and walls that can be re-positioned. The Center attracts over 30,000 visitors each year; the primary reason for visits to the Center is to view art work in the two galleries. Opening Receptions often attract 300-600 people.
Examples of applicants:
- Individuals or organizations who wish to guest curate an exhibition, or participate in an exhibition curated by Arts Council staff
- Artists who wish to propose an exhibition to show their work alongside other artists (identified or not)
- Artists with an exhibition idea who want help executing the concept
- A group of artists that wish to propose an exhibition of their art work around a theme
- A solo artist with a significant body of work or large-scale art appropriate for the size of the Main Gallery
- Curators who want to build an exhibition around a theme and artist(s)
Or perhaps there is someone not on the list above who has a great idea. Every proposal will be considered equally. We anticipate identifying 4-6 exhibition ideas that will move forward into exhibitions in this application round, so this is a great time to apply.
We will consider proposals featuring any type(s) of art that can be shown in the gallery space.
About the Main Gallery
The main feature at the Coconino Center for the Arts is the 4,000 square foot art gallery. The gallery is approximately 60’ x 65’ with 10+ feet of useable vertical space. 11 Moveable 8’ x 4’ x 1’ wall panels and dozens of pedestals of various sizes are also available. Seventy-five can lights provide adjustable lighting options. Electrical outlets are accessible on all outer walls.
Click on any thumbnail for a larger image.