The Graphic Design & Marketing Intern is a part-time Americorps member position (900 hours total over an 11 month contract, plus a chance to renew for an additional 12 month contract). The position serves under the mentorship of the Deputy Director of Visual Arts and Marketing. Nights and weekends are required occasionally; the position is scheduled for an average of 25 hours per week.
The Graphic Design Intern creates dynamic and vibrant content for print and web, and assists in developing and implementing a strong marketing and P.R. plan for all Arts Council programs, in the community and at the Coconino Center for the Arts (CCA) that works to attract new audiences and volunteers. The position also provides support for events and programs.
Position begins in October 2014.
Areas of Responsibility
- Designs printed and web-based graphics to promote Arts Council programs
- Assists with planning and implementation of a robust marketing and P.R. plan to effectively promote the Arts Council and Flagstaff, and attract new volunteers and members
- Volunteer and membership recruitment, management and retention
- Customer service
- Provides event support for concerts, receptions, performances and events
- Customer service and education to the visiting public and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director
Skills Essential to this Position
- Some graphic design experience or training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a team-based, collaborative environment
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office, Web Editing and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Passionate belief in the importance of arts, culture, science and community
Stipend and Benefits
Anyone can apply for this position. The person selected for this position will become an Americorps member. This is an Americorps position, and salary is paid through the Youth in Action Americorps office at Northern Arizona University. Americorps members receive a living stipend of $6,878 (gross annual stipend) and a $2,822 education award at the end of each year served (to be used for tuition or to pay student loans). Americorps members also can have their student loans deferred while in service. Health insurance and child care are provided through Americorps. Learn more about Americorps and other employment opportunities here.
Letter of Interest Form
Click the button below to advance to the letter of interest form.