Anyone can apply for this opportunity.
The Exhibitions Coordinator is a part-time Americorps member position (900 hours total over an 11 month contract, plus a chance to renew for an additional 12 month contract). The position serves under the mentorship of the Deputy Director of Visual Arts and Marketing. Nights and weekends are required regularly; the position is scheduled for an average of 25 hours per week. Hours can increase to as much as 45 in one week during installation of new exhibitions.
The Exhibitions Coordinator assists the Deputy Director in development and production of seven major art exhibitions at the Coconino Center for the Arts, and working with and recruiting volunteers for this work. The position also provides support for events and programs.
Position begins in September 2014.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assists with planning and implementation of seven major art exhibitions
- Volunteer and membership recruitment, management and retention
- Customer service
- Provides event support for concerts, receptions, performances and events
- Customer service and education to the visiting public and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director
Skills Essential to this Position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a team-based, collaborative environment
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and other programs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Passionate belief in the importance of arts, culture, science and community
Stipend and Benefits
Anyone can apply for this position. The person selected for this position will become an Americorps member. This is an Americorps position, and salary is paid through the Youth in Action Americorps office at Northern Arizona University. Americorps members receive a living stipend of $6,878 (gross annual stipend) and a $2,822 education award at the end of each year served (to be used for tuition or to pay student loans). Americorps members also can have their student loans deferred while in service. Health insurance and child care are provided through Americorps. Learn more about Americorps and other employment opportunities here.
Letter of Interest Form
Click the button below to advance to the letter of interest form.