We cordially invite you to participate in an exhibition with the Flagstaff Arts Council, the 10×10 Benefit Exhibition & Sale. Along with 100 other artists from Flagstaff, you have been selected to show your art in this exciting invitational exhibition.
This benefit art exhibit and sale is a fundraiser to support art exhibitions at the Coconino Center for the Arts. We continue to bring excellent programming and strong regional & national exhibitions to your community art center, creating opportunities for local artists on a regular basis. By donating an original work of art to the 10×10 Benefit, you will help to keep the Coconino Center for the Arts thriving. It is art for art’s sake.
Participating artists are asked to create an original work of art, keeping within the 10×10 dimension guidelines (see below). The completed pieces will then be sold at the 10×10 Benefit sale on Fri., Jan. 16 and Sat., Jan. 17, 2015. All proceeds from the sales of the artwork will support the Flagstaff Art Council’s exhibitions and educational programs at the Coconino Center for the Arts.
Artists may create works in the scopeof their current body of work, or take a risk and create a completely new and unexpected piece. The only restrictions are that the work must fit within the size guidelines and be an original work. Have fun with it!
Benefits and Responsibilities of Participating Artists:
- We welcome any type of artistic medium!
- 2-D art must be 10” x 10”
- 3-D art must be contained within a 10” x 10” x 10” format
- For each piece donated, the artist will receive 10% off their purchase of 10×10 artwork at the January 16 event. Artists can contribute up to two works for the benefit, receiving 20% off their total purchase.
- All artwork will be on displayat the Flagstaff Arts Council from January 20through February 14, 2015.
- Invited artists and one guest will be invited to the private Advance Reception on January 16, 2015, where the artwork is first available for purchase.
- The Flagstaff Arts Council will provide a 10”x10” canvas to participating artists that request one. Please notify us by August 20, 2014, if you would like a canvas, as we will order only the amount requested.
August 20, 2014 Fill out form (linked below) and request a 10” x 10” canvas
November 1, 2014 Application deadline (we need to confirm all participants by this date for promotional and planning purposes
January 5, 2015 All work must be received by 5 p.m., Arizona time on Monday, January 5, 2015.
January 16, 2015 Artists & Members Reception & Sale, 6 – 8 p.m.
January 17, 2015 Public Reception & Sale, 6 – 8 p.m.
January 20, 2015– All donated work will be on display
February 14, 2015
- Complete the form below
- All artwork must be received by 5 p.m., Arizona time on Monday, January 5th, 2015. If you are mailing your pieces, please use the address below:
Shipping address (via FedEx or UPS) 2300 N Fort Valley Road, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. Mailing address via US Post Office please mail to: PO Box 296, Flagstaff, AZ 86002.
- For questions or to schedule a drop off time, please contact Elizabeth Hellstern, Deputy Director of Visual Arts & Marketing, at 928-779-2300 ext. 104.