The Program Coordinator is a full-time Americorps member position (1700 hours total, one year commitment) that works under the mentorship of the Deputy Director of Community Engagement. Nights and weekends are required regularly, and the position averages 35 hours per week.
The Program Coordinator provides assistance with planning and production of a robust, diverse and vibrant slate of programs at the Coconino Center for the Arts (CCA) and in the community at other venues such as Heritage Square.
Position begins in September 2014.
Areas of Responsibility
- Volunteer recruitment, management and retention
- Customer service and education to the visiting public; greets and orients visitors to the CCA
- Assists with planning and production of all Arts Council events, including receptions, concerts, workshops, performances and volunteers for events
- Organizes reception and volunteers for Youth Art Month and plans Spring Break workshops
- Plans and produces youth programs under direction of the Deputy Director
- Coordinates volunteer Downtown Friday Night performing groups in summer
- Assists with coordination and promotion for First Friday ArtWalk
- Assists with box office and ticketing management for concerts
- Assists with rental program of CCA facility
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director
Skills Essential to this Position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a team-based, collaborative environment
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Adobe Creative Suite is helpful)
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Passionate belief in the importance of arts, culture, science and community
Stipend and Benefits
Anyone can apply for this position. The person selected for this position will become an Americorps member. This is an Americorps position, and salary is paid through the Youth in Action Americorps office at Northern Arizona University. Americorps members receive a living stipend of $12,978 (gross annual stipend) and a $5,645 education award at the end of each year served (to be used for tuition or to pay student loans). Americorps members also can have their student loans deferred while in service. Health insurance and child care are provided through Americorps.
How to Apply
Complete the form below to apply for this position.