Flagstaff is ranked as the #1 town in America to visit for Independence Day (by Travel & Leisure Magazine). We were ranked not because we have a better parade and fireworks than anyone else (although they are pretty great), but instead because of the diverse array of events and activities for all people to attend and enjoy.
4th of July weekend in Flagstaff features:
- A big free outdoor Symphony concert
- First Friday ArtWalk featuring dozens of galleries and locations showing new art, with live music and more
- The world’s oldest Hopi arts festival
- Todo Mundo in concert at the Arboretum (outdoors)
- Jerry Riopelle at thehistoric Orpheum Theater downtown, part of Flag Fest
- Free concert on Heritage Square
- Free performances on Heritage Square
- Movies on the Square featuring Frozen
- Flagstaff Art in the Park – artist marketplace
- Pluto Week at Lowell Observatory
- Free artist demonstrations on the Square Sunday
- Two new art exhibitions at Museum of Northern Arizona and Coconino Center for the Arts
- A variety of musical acts at venues around town
If you want details on any or all of these events, swing on over to Flagstaff365.com for your complete guide to events and activities in Flagstaff for 4th of July weekend and beyond.
Should we add that the monsoons are supposed to kick in at some point this weekend to bring us even cooler weather? In Flagstaff, life is good.